Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jealousy? In my romantic life? It's more likely than you think.

I am jealous of my Amy's boycrush. I have the sneaking suspicion she is jealous of my girlcrush(es). She says "bitch" every time I mention them doing something which endears them to me. The beautiful, drunken singing of one. The late-night drunken indiscretions with the other. Lots of drunken, thinking about it. But then, considering that I am differently-abled when it comes to looks, I can't exactly blame them. I guess what I'm trying to say here is, I've made a few gestures toward Amy since we've started speaking again, and they were not returned, so neither of us are beholden to the other.
(There is also the distinct, even likely possibility that my suspicions are ego driven nonsense.)

I am even more jealous of my ex-wife's boycrush.

I hadn't spoken to Kate in a long time (for us, anyway) until recently. She called me last week and asked when our son's spring break was, and if he would be interested in spending it with her. It broke my heart in no small way to tell her that it had been the week before. They rarely get to spend time together, after all. I arranged for my younger brother to drive his nephew to Albuquerque, to spend a long weekend with Kate. A good time was had by all, apparently. Kate has been more open with me recently, apparently deciding to ignore the huge unpleasant mess from the beginning of the year which began our short estrangement. We've been talking, at the very least. Today, she called me and we spoke for over two hours. It was nice. I love Kate in the sense that I care very deeply about what happens to her, if not in the romantic sense. Apparently, she's been dating a new boy pretty much since we broke things off in January, and it's gotten quite serious... John gave him the once-over, and says that he is not an asshole. I have trouble believing this, since I don't think Kate has ever, ever dated a nice guy.

Why am I jealous of people I don't even know, who are making people I very much like happy?

1,000:1 - I am fairly certain that these new boys are Illuminatus.

500:1 - I think that I could give either of them a better life than their boycrushes.

200:1 - I would like to initiate a threesome at some point in the future.

100:1 - I have a big brother instinct, which demands that I protect my friends from outsiders.

10:1 - I have not-so-suppressed feelings for both women which I'm (vaguely) hiding from them.

2:1 - I hate any attention which isn't directed toward me.

EVEN MONEY - I am a posessive prick.

No comments: